With the help of a new training program, based on a new book from one of America’s leading business publishers, you and your team can learn the secrets of strength-based feedback—a proven, criticism-free way to communicate with people in ways that create real behavior and performance change, without getting people defensive.
These techniques will help people at every level of the workplace – ranging from front-line teams to supervisors – learn to effectively influence and coach other people, while building lifelong interpersonal and leadership skills. In this program, you will learn:
• Why typical “deficit-based” feedback doesn’t work.
• The C.A.N.D.I.D. approach – a six-step process that addresses issues head-on without getting people defensive.
• The first 30 seconds: Creating a neutral opening that gets you in dialogue.
• Asking effective questions that engage the other person.
• Taking the emotion out of difficult messages.
• Finding the hidden incentive in any situation.
• You don’t say: Phrases that never work.
• Why a fully strength-based approach changes the outcome of any situation.
Based on principles of strength-based psychology, and proven in real-life workplaces of all sizes, this book will fundamentally change the way you look at your most sensitive discussions. It takes an approach that is now sweeping fields ranging from psychotherapy to crisis management, and boils it down into a simple, step-by-step process that will transform your workplace.
Taught by nationally-known communications skills expert Rich Gallagher, this program is available as a speaking engagement, half-day and full-day training programs, or in webinar format for distributed supervisory or leadership teams.
Wow, world class! Rich is very passionate and exemplifies strength based feedback. There is hope for humanity to get together after all!
-Comments from City of Ithaca workshop
Thanks for another fantastic webinar! (Nearly 700 attendees.) The feedback we’ve received from yesterday’s webinar has been terrific.
-Jennifer Green, Parature Software
Less than five minutes into the show Darrell and I were scribbling notes back and forth along the lines of, “What a great guest!” You really were delightful, and I can’t wait to have you back.
-Maureen Anderson, host of the syndicated Career Clinic® radio show